Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Busy, busy weeks!

The past few weeks have probably been the busiest of my year! Maybe not as busy as some of the basketball tournament weeks, but still really busy! Last week was finals week. Also the last week of school. So, I was trying to get some things finished up for the incoming 7th graders, getting tests made and given for this years 7th and 8th graders to wrap up their units and then making and giving finals. I made them WAY too long! It took the kids a long time to take them, but it took me a REALLY long time to grade them! I had 95 students who each took 7 page finals. That's 665 pages to grade! I gave them a portion that they couldn't use their calculators on as well. That was 2 pages, so 95 times 2 is 190 pages. That means I had 855 pages to grade! I had some help from a fellow teacher, but it was still a HUGE project. We also started volleyball camp this week, so I'm at school doing that for about 3 hours every afternoon this week. I have 2 days to get my room all cleaned up, do all of our laundry so we can pack for Chicago, and clean up the house so it's not a mess when we get home!

Having school over is definately wonderful! However, I will feel much better when I turn off my lights and lock my door for the last time in the next few months! Hopefully it will only take a few more hours to get the room clean! There's TONS of stuff that I could really do to clean the room out, but I might just have to get the necessities done and call it good.

I'm all geared up for a busy and fun summer! We start things off this weekend when we go to Chicago with Henry's family. His brother John and his wife Larissa each just graduated with their masters and they're having a little schindig. We'll fly out Thursday night and get into Chicago fairly late. We're staying at a hotel in north Chicago since we're getting in late and going up to north Chicago Friday anyway. Friday is our day at 'Great America', a Six Flags theme park. Suzanne and her boyfriend, Jason, are meeting us there and their spending the day with us, which is great! Saturday is teh graduation party. Wes and Janelle are hoping to make it down, so we should be able to see them this Saturday, which would be fun. Sunday we'll go to Church with John and Larissa and then fly home.

Monday I'm going over to Ann Collier (a mom of some of our basketball girls)'s house for coffee and to trade a few recipes. I will definately be on the receiving end of that. :) I'm excited for that.

Next Wednesday night Henry and I are hoping to drive to Montana for a quick weekend visit. It's supposed to be for our Anniversary sort of, but it's turned into a more economical, relaxing weekend in Montana.

We'll get back from Montana on Sunday and I will fly out to Emo, Ontario Canada on Wednesday morning. I'm speding a weekend with Michelle Veldhuisen in Canada and then we're going to Montana for 'THE BIG EVENT' on Sunday July 6th. We'll spend the week there hanging out with the Hoekies and other family there. Excited to see you all! Henry will come out on Wednesday night and then we'll all go home on Sunday, the 12th. It will be a VERY busy month! But it will also be a lot of fun.

On a complete side-note, Chief got groomed yesterday. He looks SOOOOO cute! I'll see if I can get a picture of him and post it on here. Don't hold your breath.

Henry and I just finished some spaghetti with Vip and now we're watching Henry's favorite teenage soap opera. It's cheesey.

Hope you all are doing well! We'll most likely be seeing most of you within the next month. Hooray!

Until then, we love you!

- Henry, Lindsey, and Chief Walter Winston

No comments:

Post a Comment