I really don't have a reason for choosing the title that I did except that I want to work on doing a better job of updating my blog. It just popped into my head when I was thinking to myself, 'What would be a catchy title for my blog entry'. This is a phrase that our P.E. department at Seattle Christian uses on a pretty regular basis. So, I thought I'd inspire all 2 of you out there who read this. I feel a bit like Drew with his radio show that broadcasts with the power of a toaster. Is anyone out there? I know that mom, you read it. And I'm pretty sure Cebu reads in his very little spare time. That's good enough for me! :)
Friday the 18th, I think that was the night I picked Henry up from the airport after he was in California for work. I believe my last post was on that date so we'll go from there.
On Saturday the 19th Henry and I went with Steve and Harriet to Puyallup's biggest event of the year... The Puyallup Fair!! It was a beautiful fallish day and we had a great time! I had gotten a free ticket to the fair from school for being a teacher. I realized once we got to the fair that I had left the ticket at home. Shoot! Oh well... Shortly after entering the fair we stopped to enjoy some delicious scones. If I ever take any of you to the fair I will get scones for you! They are a must! Then, on the way to the 'Wierd Al's Brain' exhibit I was thirsty so I decided to get a pop. Now there's no sense getting the Medium when the large is only $.25 more and you'll be there all day! After we had waited in line the attendant told me I couldn't take drinks in the show. UGH! This is a fair people! Lighten up! Being too cheap to dump my $3.00 large soda, we got out of line. I was pretty annoyed that I was inconveniencing everyone else, but at that point not annoyed enough to get rid of the pop. We saw the petting zoo not too far away and went to go pet some goats and chickens and whatever else fairs typically have in petting zoos. As we were walking into the petting zoo, of course, another attendant stops us and tells me I can't take my pop in. AGH! The pop was forcefully thrown in the trash can with an annoyed sigh. What a waste. It wasn't worth making us all sit around outside while I tried to guzzle my 32oz pop. So that was that. We went and petted some chickens and rabbits and goats. As we were leaving the petting zoo Harriet alerted Steve that he had something on the butt of his pants (she can do that kind of thing now that she's his fiance :) ). He realized that the straw bale that he had sat on had chicken poo on it and now it was on his pants. GREAT start to our day! So, since Steve is somewhat of a germ-a-phobe we had to thoroughly scrub at his pants and then his hands. After that the day definately took a turn in the positive direction. We saw the Weird Al's Brain thing (which I wasn't that impressed with... I'll take the pop!) and then went to do a few rides and get lunch. It was 'private schools' day at the fair so I went to check out who was working the Seattle Christian booth. The first time I checked it was a family I didn't know. The second time I looked it was a family I didn't particularly like... no need to go visit! We walked around and saw vendors most of the afternoon until it was finally time to leave the fair. From there we went straight to the first night of the Tacoma Christian Reformed Community Church BOWLING LEAGUE! We had lots of fun but I was glad to finally be home and in bed that night.
The following week was pretty typical for us. My Middle School volleyball team had their first games. They didn't go as well as I would have liked but that gives us room to improve I suppose! Tuesday was a really long day. We had school all day and then an away volleyball game after school. The bus made it back just in time for me to make it to the 'back to school night' that was going on at school. I was there until 9:30 that night. Whew! Very glad that day is over! Thursday we had our first home game which went only slightly better than our first game. Oh well! This past Saturday we went back to the fair again! We finally used my free ticket. We also used 2 student tickets that the school had left over so Henry, Vip and I all got into the fair for free! Yay! It was a beautiful, very fun day at the fair followed by the second night of church bowling. It was another fun day.
This past Sunday we had our first day of Sunday School with our new curriculum. Henry and I were both really happy with how the study went and are looking forward to next weeks meeting. After curch we went over to Mom and Dad VP's house for a big turkey dinner! It was SO delicious. We stayed there for a while and watched some football. On the way home we stopped in and saw grandma VP. She looked pretty good and showed us how she can walk with her walker to the door of her room and back. But she sure does wish she could walk again without the walker and without pain. You've got to love Grandma! We came home and I made a nice, big batch of potato soup. Yum, yum!
Today was yet another Monday. School went well, we had Volleyball practice and then I went out to eat with Carla. We (Harriet, Carla, and I) have decided that Monday nights will be our 'girls night'. Henry has bowling league, Steve has city council meetings, and Eric usually has some friends that he wants to hang out with. So far it's been something that I've looked very much forward to on Monday nights!
Now Henry and I are home and watching a little TV on the couch before we head to bed. It's been a good week and a half!
We hope you all are doing well wherever you're at. We miss you and love you all and look forward to the next time we get to see you!
Love from Washington!
Henry, Lindsey, and Chief Walter Winston III
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow...you went to the fair twice!? That's pretty cool. If you went to the fair twice around here you would just see the exact same things all over again...and it would only take an hour or two to see all those things. I like the part of the Puyallup Fair where they have the milk and cheese samples.
ReplyDelete"Don't be sorry, be better" is such a PE class statement. The kind that makes me glad I'm not in school anymore.