Love and sun from San Diego!
Friday, April 1, 2011
Pictures of Anna
Ever since I've started this 'photography lifegroup' through our church I have been learning a lot about photography and wishing I had a nicer camera that would let me do more and would take nicer pictures! Just when I was about to give up Mama H came through! She sent me her very nice Nikon camera that she has had for a few years but doesn't really know much about. So I'm going to learn all about how to make her camera sing and then teach her everything I know so she can take even more amazing pictures. I love when things like this work out so well for me! :D Our assignment this week for photography was to take pictures in 'open shade' so a few days ago Anna and I went outside and found some open shade. I gave her a piece of scotch tape to play with so she would sit still and do cute things with her hands. I should have thought about the fact that she had a cold so her nose was constantly running, making it difficult to take a good picture. Also, she loves to put anything and everything in her mouth. The tape went in, but not all the way down. Just far enough to make her gag... and throw up... twice... until it came out. Needless to say we quit taking pictures and headed for the tub. Today we braved the great outdoors again in an effort to capture some cute moments. I put her in one of my favorite outfits so she would look even more cute than she usually does and we started posing. After a great round of pictures we came inside and I uploaded them on my computer... only to find out... they are all BLUE! WHAT?!?!? Apparently I had forgotten that I was using the camera to take pictures of her in the tub a few nights ago and had used the 'incandesant' setting to make the lighting better. Please note: if you use the incandesant setting outdoors on a sunny day your pictures will turn blue. Grrr! I tried to edit some of my favorite ones in an effort to spare them but most of them were un save-able (is that a word?). Then it occured to me. She's still in her cute clothes. I still have the camera out, and the weather is still fine (almost 90 degrees today!). Go take more, silly!! So we did. We went out to the same spots and tried for a few more. Anna's patience and attention span were a little shorter this time but we still got some really cute shots. Hooray!
Love and sun from San Diego!






Love and sun from San Diego!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment