Monday, April 11, 2011

It's been about a week and I'm already updating my blog! Woo Hoo! The following are the pictures I took for the assignment we had for the photography/Bible Study that I'm part of. Here's what we needed to do...

Take 1 picture with window light trying to get 'catch lights' in the kids eyes (those are the lights that reflect in the eyes to make them look more 'alive').


Take 1 picture in open shade- basically a spot that is shaded, but not completely covered. It should still have a lot of light around.



Use apeture to take a creative 'macro', or close up, shot. This should blur the things around what you want to be in focus.


Use your shutter speed to show motion. I took this picture at the zoo about a week ago.


BONUS PICTURE:
This is Anna and I before church last Sunday. She actually kept her head band on so I asked Henry to quick snap a few shots of us together and we got a pretty good one :)


Hope you all had a restful weekend and are having a fantastic week! Sending lots of love and sunshine from Southern California!

- Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsey Beth, the pictures are great! I love the one of you and Anna!!!!! Keep up the good work, it looks like a great hobby and i can actually see what you are talking about above the picture displayed in the picture itself... bravo :)
    - Crasho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey - just a quick note to say the photos are beautiful. Deanna read about the photography/Bible study class you are doing on your blog and is interested too. It sounds so fun. ALSO - isn't it fun to live where it's warm and SUNNY??!!!! Love, Aunt J.

    ReplyDelete